COMPETENCY 9 (Social and Educational Context): To cooperate with school staff, parents, partners in the community and students in pursuing the educational objectives of the school.
- Collaborates with other members of the school staff in defining orientations, and developing and implementing projects related to educational services in areas falling under the responsibility of the school.
- Informs parents and encourages them to become actively involved.
- Coordinates his or her actions with those of the school’s various partners.
- Supports students involved in the administrative structures of the school or in school activities or projects.
LEVEL OF MASTERY:
By the end of his or her initial training, the student teacher should be able to:
- situate his or her role in relation to that played by other internal or external resource persons;
- adjust his or her actions to the educational objectives of the school and contribute to the attainment of these objectives by becoming personally involved in school projects;
- Start building a trusting relationship with parents.
How have I developed this competency during this course or professional seminar/field experience?
- Engaged in extracurricular activities organized outside of school curriculum
- IE// Participated in “Zombie Club” – a social club organized by my Cooperating Teacher
- Participated in the grading of IB students’ end-of-the-year IB projects
- Engaged in student-organized projects during free time
- IE// Helped students gather customers for Iced Tea Sale in support of Cancer Awareness
What is my current level of mastery?
LEVEL OF MASTERY: ACCEPTABLE
*Reference: features of the competency and the professional competency rubric.
Name: Simon Son
Date: May 10th 2015
Course Name & Number: EDEC-201
PS/FE level (circle one) 1 2 3 4