COMPETENCY 2 (Foundation): To communicate clearly in the language of instruction, both orally and in writing, using correct grammar, in various contexts relating to teaching.
- Uses appropriate language when speaking to students, parents and peers.
- Observes rules of grammar and stylistics when writing texts intended for students, parents or peers.
- Is able to take up a position, support his or her ideas and argue his or her subject matter in a consistent, effective, constructive and respectful way during discussions.
- Communicates ideas concisely using precise vocabulary and correct syntax.
- Corrects the mistakes students make when speaking and writing.
- Constantly strives to improve his or her own oral and written language skills
LEVEL OF MASTERY:
By the end of his or her initial training, the student teacher should be able to:
- Master the rules of oral and written expression so as to be understood by most of the linguistic community;
- Express himself or herself with the ease, precision, efficiency, and accuracy expected by society of a teaching professional.
How have I developed this competency during this course or professional seminar/field experience?
What is my current level of mastery?
LEVEL OF MASTERY: ACCEPTABLE
*Reference: features of the competency and the professional competency rubric.
Name: Simon Son
Date: May 10th 2015
Course Name & Number: EDEC-201
PS/FE level (circle one) 1 2 3 4