COMPETENCY 4 (Teaching Act): To pilot teaching/learning situations that are appropriate to the students concerned and to the subject content with a view to developing the competencies targeted in the programs of study.
- Creates conditions in which students can engage in meaningful problem situations, tasks or projects, based on their cognitive, emotional and social characteristics.
- Provides students with the resources they need to take part in the learning situations.
- Guides students in selecting, interpreting and understanding the information provided in the various resources and in understanding the elements of a problem situation or the requirements of a task or project.
- Supports student learning by asking questions and providing frequent and relevant feedback to promote the integration and transfer of learning.
- Encourages teamwork.
LEVEL OF MASTERY:
By the end of his or her initial training, the student teacher should be able to:
- Guide students through appropriate interventions in carrying out learning tasks; lead students to work together in cooperation;
- Detect teaching/learning problems that arise and use the appropriate resources to remedy them.
How have I developed this competency during this course or professional seminar/field experience?
What is my current level of mastery?
LEVEL OF MASTERY: N/A
*Reference: features of the competency and the professional competency rubric.
Name: Simon Son
Date: May 10th 2015
Course Name & Number: EDEC-201
PS/FE level (circle one) 1 2 3 4