COMPETENCY 5 (Teaching Act): To evaluate student progress in learning the subject content and mastering the related competencies.
- Gathers information as students are engaged in a learning situation in order to identify their strengths and weaknesses and to review and adapt his or her teaching accordingly to help them progress.
- Takes stock of the learning acquired by students in order to assess their mastery of the related competencies.
- Designs or uses tools to evaluate student progress and mastery of competencies.
- Communicates expected outcomes to students and parents and provides feedback on student progress and mastery of competencies using clear, simple language.
- Works with the teaching team to determine the desired stages and rate of progression within the cycle concerned.
LEVEL OF MASTERY:
By the end of his or her initial training, the student teacher should be able to:
- detect the strengths and weaknesses of the students in a learning situation;
- identify some of the adjustments required in his or her teaching on his or her own;
- in cooperation with colleagues, design evaluation materials, interpret the work of students in terms of their mastery of the competencies, and develop tools for communicating with parents;
- Inform the students of the results of a diagnostic evaluation process and inform parents and members of the teaching team of the corrective intervention strategy elements envisaged.
How have I developed this competency during this course or professional seminar/field experience?
What is my current level of mastery?
LEVEL OF MASTERY: N/A
*Reference: features of the competency and the professional competency rubric.
Name: Simon Son
Date: May 10th 2015
Course Name & Number: EDEC-201
PS/FE level (circle one) 1 2 3 4