COMPETENCY 6 (Teaching Act): To plan, organize, and supervise a class in such a way as to promote students’ learning and social development.
- Develops and implements an efficient system for running regular classroom activities.
- Communicates clear requirements regarding appropriate school and social behaviour and makes sure that students meet those requirements.
- Involves students on an individual or a group basis in setting standards for the smooth running of the class.
- Develops strategies for preventing inappropriate behaviour and dealing effectively with it when it occurs.
- Maintains a classroom climate that is conducive to learning.
LEVEL OF MASTERY:
By the end of his or her initial training, the student teacher should be able to:
- introduce and maintain routines that ensure the smooth running of regular classroom activities;
- identify and correct organizational problems that hinder the smooth running of the class;
- anticipate some of the organizational problems that hinder the smooth running of the class and plan measures to prevent them;
- Establish and apply methods that can be used to solve problems with students who exhibit inappropriate behaviours.
How have I developed this competency during this course or professional seminar/field experience?
- Yet to be completed (Inapplicable for Field Experience 1)
What is my current level of mastery?
LEVEL OF MASTERY: N/A
*Reference: features of the competency and the professional competency rubric.
Name: Simon Son
Date: May 10th 2015
Course Name & Number: EDEC-201
PS/FE level (circle one) 1 2 3 4