ECOMPETENCY 7 (Social and Educational Context): To adapt his or her teaching to the needs and characteristics of students with learning disabilities, social maladjustments or handicaps.
- Facilitates the educational and social integration of students with learning disabilities, social maladjustments or handicaps.
- Consults resource people and parents to obtain background information on students with difficulties (needs, progress, etc.).
- Proposes learning tasks, challenges and roles within the class that help students to progress.
- Participates in developing and implementing individualized education plans.
LEVEL OF MASTERY:
By the end of his or her initial training, the student teacher should be able to:
- Cooperate in the development and implementation of individualized education plans designed for students under his or her responsibility..
How have I developed this competency during this course or professional seminar/field experience?
- Yet to be completed (Inapplicable for Field Experience 1)
What is my current level of mastery?
LEVEL OF MASTERY: N/A
*Reference: features of the competency and the professional competency rubric.
Name: Simon Son
Date: May 10th 2015
Course Name & Number: EDEC-201
PS/FE level (circle one) 1 2 3 4