COMPETENCY 8 (Social and Educational Context): To integrate information and communications technologies (ICT) in the preparation and delivery of teaching/learning activities and for instructional management and professional development purposes.
- Exercises critical judgment regarding the real benefits and limitations of ICT as teaching and learning resources, and regarding the social issues they raise.
- Assesses the instructional potential of computer applications and networking technology in relation to the development of the competencies targeted in the programs of study.
- Communicates using various multimedia resources.
- Uses ICT effectively to search for, interpret and communicate information and to solve problems.
- Uses ICT effectively to build networks that facilitate information sharing and professional development with respect to his or her own field of teaching or teaching practice.
- Helps students to familiarize themselves with ICT, to use ICT to carry out learning activities, to assess their own use of ICT, and to exercise critical judgment regarding the information they find on the Internet.
LEVEL OF MASTERY:
By the end of his or her initial training, the student teacher should be able to:
- demonstrate critical judgment regarding the real benefits and limitations of ICT as teaching and learning resources;
- demonstrate a general understanding of the possibilities offered by ICT (and the Internet in particular) for teaching and learning, and know how to integrate ICT in a functional manner into teaching/learning activities, when appropriate;
- use ICT effectively in different aspects of his or her intellectual and professional life: communication, research, information processing, evaluation, interaction with colleagues or experts, etc.;
- Effectively transmit the ability to use ICT to his or her students in order to support the collective construction of learning in a well-structured, critical manner.
How have I developed this competency during this course or professional seminar/field experience?
- Yet to be completed (Inapplicable for Field Experience 1)
What is my current level of mastery?
LEVEL OF MASTERY: N/A
*Reference: features of the competency and the professional competency rubric.
Name: Simon Son
Date: May 10th 2015
Course Name & Number: EDEC-201
PS/FE level (circle one) 1 2 3 4