COMPETENCY 3 (Teaching Act): To develop teaching/learning situations appropriate to students concerned and subject content with a view to developing the competencies targeted in the programs of study.
- Bases the selection and content of teaching sequences on data drawn from recent didactical and pedagogical research.
- Selects and interprets subject-specific knowledge in terms of the aims, competencies and subject content specified in the program of study.
- Plans teaching and evaluation sequences taking into account the logic of the content to the taught and the development of learning.
- Takes into account the prerequisites, conceptions, social differences (i.e. gender, ethnic origin, socioeconomic and cultural differences), needs and special interests of the students when developing teaching/learning situations.
- Selects diverse instructional approaches that are suited to the development of the competencies targeted in the programs of study.
- Anticipates obstacles to learning posed by the content to be taught.
- Plans learning situations that provide opportunities to apply competencies in different contexts.
LEVEL OF MASTERY:
By the end of his or her initial training, the student teacher should be able to:
- Develop appropriate and varied teaching/learning situations involving a reasonable level of complexity that enable students to progress in the development of their competencies;
- Build these activities into a long-term plan
How have I developed this competency during this course or professional seminar/field experience?
What is my current level of mastery?
LEVEL OF MASTERY: N/A
*Reference: features of the competency and the professional competency rubric.
Name: Simon Son
Date: May 10th 2015
Course Name & Number: EDEC-201
PS/FE level (circle one) 1 2 3 4